A colourful fashion blog supporting independents & sustainable fashion in Bristol and beyond since 2011

Tuesday 24 April 2018

A week in the life of a fashionista

No Debutante has had many fashion moments in the past week from a hair restyle with Bloggs Salon in Bristol, to selling pre-loved garms at the Bzzaar Jumble  & ending the week at the Style in the City fashion show, that I attended with my plus one, six year old daughter Sylvie, for her first ever fashion show, sat on the FROW no less! 

My fashion week started with clashed up outfit & a hairstyle very much in need of doing, I've said it once & I'll say it again, you can never wear enough prints at the same time! 

Clashing up the prints in a Kuccia bomber jacket & BTR fashion salvaged trousers worn with a white Lazy Oaf long sleeve tee & super cute pink Puma trainers.

I popped into Bloggs Salon on Tuesday to meet the team for an article I am writing for Bristol 24/7. I am so pleased with my restyle by the owner and director, Joe Hemmings, who hand cut my hair down to almost a buzz cut, without the sign of any clippers, proper old school stylee & a great technique; my fringe is now super short with some longer layers on the crown for texture. I have been considering the big shave off for a while so this is pretty much bang on for me! Let's not forget the colours, named Twinkle Fuchsia and Pink Sorbet by L'Oreal, the cutest names ever! I just love it! Thanks so much to Joe, who I have to say is the happiest, most positive hairstylist I have ever met. He seemed genuinely excited whilst creating my new do, which makes this fashionista a very happy customer! If you live in Bristol, get yourselves over to Bloggs Salon! 


By Wednesday, I was back at work with my new hairstyle and a sharp monochrome outfit, contrasting with the pink crop. I even got a free massage at work on this day, this is definitely a week for perks! Plus the sun came out! Winning! 

I wore an oversized Lazy Oaf shirt over leggings, with some frilly Meadham Kirchhoff X Topshop socks & Dr Martens shoes. This is as close as you'll get me to office wear! 



Thursday was oversized layering day, it was warm enough to have bare legs which was amaze! Sadly, we are back to warmer clothes here in Bristol as the temperatures drop again! Let's all keep those positve thoughts going that the sun will return! I paired my oversized Monki dress with a white Dutty tee, Adidas sports socks (my staple) & Reeboks & felt super comfy!


By the weekend it was still sunny but I had managed to sign myself up for another day indoors at the Bzzaar Jumble. A fun event where Bristolian fashionistas & jumblers come together to sell their pre-loved garms (plus any other random stuff they have laying about). I have noticed a trend at each event, everyone seems to buy each others pre-worn garms, I am not sure much money is made but its all good fun & the garms get passed around in an ethical way rather than sending it all to the charity shops & the inevitability of a landfill ending! 

I wore a vintage jumpsuit that I found at a fashion salvage event & was actually going to sell at the jumble. I'm glad I tried it on again & changed my mind to keep it! I wrapped a printed H&M scarf (from the last Bzzaar Jumble) to show I actually do have a waist & popped on some Tezla earrings & a simple pair of Adidas Gazelles, a contrast to the print-fest that was the rest of this outfit! Boom!


The No Debutante stall of pre-loved garms at the Bzzaar Jumble

Loving these Bzzaar Jumblers dressed up in the Barbie style vintage ski-suit worn by
  fashion designer & blogger Dulcie Horn who literally had a different outfit on
every time I saw her & this bizarre but amazing SLUT knitted vest that seemed to really suit
comedian Roisin Crowley Linton


The fashion week ended at the Style in the Cityfashion show, an event by a lovely trio of Bristol stylists who styled up pre-loved garms from St Peters Hospice to raise money for the charity. This cause is very close to my heart as my Dad, after a long battle with cancer, was lovingly cared for by this wonderful charity in his last few days. Big love to St Peters Hospice xx

Check out me & lil' Sylvie on the Frow & a photo of Sylvie & a giant pineapple sculpture completely unrelated to the show! Sylvie insisted on the photo being taken. 

On the Frow at Style in the City & the unrelated pineapple sculpture



Find out more about what went on at the Style in the City fashion show in my article for Bristol 24/7 which will be live very soon in my Lifestyle/Fashion section. 


The Style in the City girls 
Polka dots & Retro florals - No Debutante's fave outfits from the Style in the City show using garms from St Peters Hospice
Lil Fashionista pre show selfies




If you are having a fashion event, a new collection or fun event you would like No Debutante to promote please get in touch!

No Debutante promotes fashion independents, new designers & sustainable fashion. 

Check out my work with Bristol 24/7 magazine under my name 
Emma Gorton-Ellicott

If you are interested in collaborating with No Debutante or getting featured on the No Debutante blog please contact me nodebutanteblog@gmail.com

Keep up with No Debutantes OOTD posts, collabs and current fashion obsessions posted daily on all of the following. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest all under the #nodebutante name. 

Thanks for checking in Fashionistas
ND xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...